Chief Operations Officer
Company: Danville Public Schools
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Applications will be screened on receipt and interviews of
candidates who meet the qualifications--will be conducted as soon
as possible, with selection to follow quickly thereafter.-- POSTING
NUMBER: 002100 NATURE OF POSITION: The Chief Operations Officer
reports to the Superintendent of Schools, serves as the primary
authority on school division operational functions; provides
division-level oversight of the departments of Transportation
Services, Maintenance and Operations, Information Technology, and
Child Nutrition Services. Serves as a key member of the
Superintendent's Cabinet in managing the Division's operations. The
Chief Operations Officer serves as the main contact person for and
coordinator of operational procedures for the Division. ESSENTIAL
- Supervises all departments and offices of the Operations
- Acts as a liaison with the School Board, other departments in
the school system, and other agencies and organizations on matters
related to facilities, transportation, technology, maintenance, and
- Advises all Chief Officers on operational matters of the
- Works with school administrators on the development and
execution of school operational procedures.
- Responds to inquiries from district staff on operational
matters not clearly covered by regulation, policy, or
- Oversees the implementation of the Division's policies and
procedures related to operations.
- Administers the cost-effective and timely implementation of all
projects and strategic plan initiatives pertaining to
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision,
organization, and administration.
- Considerable knowledge of the formal bidding process and of
local, state, and federal guidelines as--well as knowledge on
school construction bonds.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of public
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement effective programs and
- Ability to accurately interpret state and federal regulations
and school board policies.
- Ability to develop and administer budgets.
- Ability to account for initial up-front costs and long-term
operating costs in making recommendationsand decisions.
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in
- Ability to make oral presentations before large groups of
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent
contact with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in business,
finance, technology, education, or related field is preferred.
Documented successful experience in the operations arena. Strong
START DATE: As soon as possible after selection SALARY / STIPEND:
Salary Range: $117,638 - $170,575, commensurate with experience and
advanced degrees; Danville School Board pays the employee cost, in
full, for state-mandated life insurance and in part for state
retirement and health insurance. Other benefits - sick, personal,
and annual (vacation) leave. TO APPLY: Complete a Danville Public
Schools online application for "Licensed" positions. Follow all
instructions on the DPS "Employment Opportunities" page to apply
for this specific position.
Keywords: Danville Public Schools, Danville , Chief Operations Officer, Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!