Municipal Utility Director
Company: Kentucky League of Cities
Posted on: February 15, 2021
THE CITY OF DANVILLE: The City of Danville is located 35 miles
southwest of Lexington, and is a thriving community with a
population of 17,000. The City has a highly efficient
infrastructure, water treatment and wastewater facilities, police
and fire services, quality school system, and a highly educated
workforce. Danville is the home of Centre College, which is among
the most prestigious small liberal arts colleges in America. The
City of Danville is also the business hub to a 5 county, 100,000 +
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the City Manager
serves as the Director of the City's Municipal Utility providing
project management services, managing resources, managing
personnel, and overseeing operations. Manages and coordinates the
activities of utility operations including laboratory analysis,
potable water treatment, wastewater treatment, utility maintenance,
utility engineering, and utility finances. Is responsible for the
planning, design, and management of utility fund capital
improvement projects and subdivision and plat reviews. Will be
required to work in conjunction with the City's consulting
engineers, attorneys, accountants, other City department heads and
personnel in carrying out various utility engineering programs for
the City. Provides expert professional assistance to City
management in areas of responsibility; and performs related duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- A professional engineering position as well as department head
with responsibility for policy development, program planning,
fiscal management, administration, and operational direction of the
City's Utilities; Water Production/Distribution, Wastewater
Treatment/Collection, and Storm Water systems.
- Involves a large number of tasks and duties of a managerial and
professional nature requiring decision-making and analysis.
- As Utility Engineer; plans, implements, and oversees the
execution of capital improvements ensuring quality control for
design and construction or rehabilitation of water and wastewater
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation
of all the City's utility services including but not limited to
operations, maintenance, activities, and infrastructure.
- Ensure that the City is in compliance with all current raw
water, potable water, storm water, and wastewater discharge
requirements established by regional, State and Federal regulatory
agencies; interpret policies and procedures established by
- Manages and monitors the construction, maintenance, and repair
of utility facilities.
- Under guidance and approval from the City Manager, is
responsible for planning, designing, inspection, and managing
capital improvement projects.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual utility budget, and the
oversight of expenditures to ensure utility funds are used
- Plans, coordinates, and implements utility workforce staffing
needs for both fulltime and seasonal positions.
- Supervises and evaluates the day-to-day activities of all
- Responsible for the mentoring, training, and development of
- Administers progressive disciplinary as needed.
- Serve as a member of the City's management team; provide
information and recommendations regarding operations; assist in
decisions related to all facets of municipal government.
- Coordinates with developers on capital projects such as new
subdivisions and shopping centers to ensure laws, ordinances, and
policies are adhered to.
- Provides support to other departments of the City as
- With approval of the City Manager, oversees contract
administration and contracting professional services.
- Works closely with the general public in response to request
- Conducts research and prepares reports, presentations, and
recommendations to the City related to urban services, urban
development, and utility facilities.
- Establishes and implements safety protocols and practices for
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with City
officials, other department heads, state and local community
leaders, and the general public.
- Performs other job duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND/OR
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering from an accredited
- 3-5 years increasingly responsible utility operations
administration experience working with municipal water, wastewater,
and storm water systems.--
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in municipal, county, or state
engineering. Certifications: Must be registered as a professional
engineer in the State of Kentucky, or at least eligible to be
register in the State of Kentucky within the first year of
employment. COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is
$70,775 - $120,318. The starting salary will be determined by the
candidates years of relevant work experience.
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Longevity Incentive Pay
- Educational Assistance Salary Information: $70,755 -
Application Deadline: 03/31/2021
The position will remain open until filled with the most qualified
candidate. To be considered for this position please e-mail a
completed application and resume to Human Resources at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be mailed or dropped
off at the following address:
Danville City Hall
445 West Main St.
Danville, KY 40422-- Applications can be obtained on the City's
careers page on our website at www.danvilleky.gov . They are also
available for pickup in the Legislative Office within City Hall.
For more information about this position and/or the recruitment and
hiring process you may contact Human Resources at 859-936-6866. A
detailed job description is available upon request. The City of
Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by
federal, state, and local laws. Director of Member & Business
Development KLC provides a variety of job postings and surpolus
items for sale. It's a targeted, easy way to advertise. The
Kentucky League of Cities serves as the united voice of cities by
supporting community innovation, effective leadership and quality
Keywords: Kentucky League of Cities, Danville , Municipal Utility Director, Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!