Assistant Director of Finance
Company: Danville Public Schools
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Applications will be screened on receipt and interviews of
candidates who meet the qualifications--will be conducted as soon
as possible, with selection to follow quickly thereafter. POSTING
NUMBER: 002158 NATURE OF POSITION: Responsible for assisting the
Director I - Finance in the direction and supervision of all
financial functions of the Danville Public School system. ESSENTIAL
- Assists in the planning and direction of the accounting
operations of the District, including accounts payable, accounts
receivable, payroll and general ledger, risk management and grant
- Supervises Finance Department staff responsible for accounting
and finance functions of the Division.
- Ensures that the District complies with all Federal, State and
Local regulations and policies concerning financial
- Assists in the development of the District annual operating
budget with the direction of the Superintendent. Compiles necessary
data for the budgeting process.
- Assists other District Personnel in the preparation of grant
applications and budgets.
- Analyzes a variety of financial information (e.g. budget
variances, cost projections, general ledger accounts, payroll,
etc.) for the purpose of providing direction and support, making
recommendations, maximizing use of funds, and/or ensuring overall
operations are within budget.
- Assists a variety of external agency personnel (e.g. auditors,
grant representatives, City Finance staff, etc.) for the purpose of
providing information and general support.
- Conducts internal audits (e.g. general and special funds, etc.)
for the purpose of ensuring program operations are within budget
and in accordance with fiscal practices.
- Monitors budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and
related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that
allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are
within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. annual budgets,
financial statements, reports for the Board, Superintendent,
department administrators, etc.) for the purpose of documenting
activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and/or
providing supporting materials for requested actions.
- Researches financial topics and related legal issues (e.g.
discrepancies, current legislative trends, etc.) for the purpose of
evaluating compliance requirements and potential implications on
- Other duties as assigned by the Director I - Finance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and financial
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management
and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with finance department
- Ethical conduct and the ability to complete accounting tasks
with accuracy and thoroughness
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in
Accounting and f ive (5) years of progressive experience in
financial management and supervision; CPA preferred. START DATE: As
soon as possible after selection SALARY / STIPEND: Pay Rate:
$73,476 - $106,540 annually, depending on experience and advanced
degrees. Danville School Board pays the employee cost, in full, for
state-mandated life insurance; and in part for state retirement and
health insurance. Other benefits - sick, personal, and annual
(vacation) leave. TO APPLY: Complete a Danville Public Schools
online application for "Classified" positions. Follow all
instructions on the DPS "Employment Opportunities" page to apply
for this specific position.
Keywords: Danville Public Schools, Danville , Assistant Director of Finance, Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!