Director of Enrollment Services
Company: Virginia Community Colleges
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Does this position have telework options? No Does this position
have a bilingual or multilingual skill requirement or preference?
No Work Schedule Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Sensitive Position No Job
The Director of Enrollment supports all facets of the student life
cycle including recruitment, admissions, enrollment, retention and
completion. The director develops, plans, implements, and oversees
all enrollment management efforts including student outreach,
ensuring that college and system-wide policies are applied to
incoming students and their records. The Director also serves as
the college Registrar.
- Serve as campus administrator, overseeing day-to-day activities
of Admissions office and staff.
- Provide oversight and supervision of grade processing,
attendance, certification, academic suspension/dismissal,
transcripts, and college graduation processes and other records
- Supports the development, testing, and successful execution of
enrollment management tasks within the college's Student
Information System ( SIS ).
- Manage student application process.
- Serve as domicile officer, making tuition determinations.
- Serve as PDSO for international students.
- Oversee prospective student inquiry process.
- Coordinate on and off campus open house events.
- Coordinate graduation.
- Chair and serve on various committees.
- Supervise enrollment/onboarding related classified staff.
- Ensure consistency, currency, responsiveness, and excellence in
all aspects of student records services provided by the college.
Special Assignments May be required to perform other duties as
assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government
generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- A Master's Degree and relevant higher education
- Extensive knowledge of student records management (i.e. grade
processing, attendance certification, academic
suspension/dismissal, transcripts, and college graduation
- Demonstrated information technology and analytical skills, and
functional experience with Oracle PeopleSoft, Student Information
Systems ( SIS ).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or coordinate projects for
Enrollment Management teams.
- Considerable knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act ( FERPA ), accreditation requirements, and other
- Advanced-level organizational, communication, presentation, and
interpersonal skills, and ability to supervise office support
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse students, faculty,
staff and community partners including high schools.
- Significant experience coordinating dual enrollment programs
and working with high school and college personnel, instructors,
students and parents. Preferred Qualifications
- Principal Designated School Official ( PDSO ) experience.
- Experience serving as a domicile officer and making in/out of
state tuition determinations.
- Experience coordinating or overseeing Dual Enrollment
- Experience leading departmental staff, and working with
academic faculty and staff.
- Experience establishing recruitment plans.
- Experience with the American Association of collegiate
Registrars and Admissions Officers ( AACRAO ) industry standards
and best practices. Operation of a State Vehicle No Supervises
Employees Yes Required Travel Some travel may be required. Posting
Number FAC_161P Recruitment Type Public Number of Vacancies 1
Position End Date (if temporary) Job Open Date 03/15/2021 Job Close
Date 03/26/2021 Open Until Filled No Agency Website Contact Name
Bruce Cottrill Email Phone Number 3045459673 Special Instructions
to Applicants Additional Information The selected candidate's offer
is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal
background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks,
local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally,
selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's
Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow
this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/ EEO Statement The
Virginia Community College System, an--EEO--employer, welcomes
applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the
benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the--VCCS--is committed
to providing a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or
physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status,
gender identity, or other non-merit factors. ADA Statement
The--VCCS--is an--EOE--and Affirmative Action Employer. In
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts ( ADA and
ADAAA ), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation
to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing
and selection processes. E-Verify Statement VCCS--uses E-Verify to
check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will
be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of
your identity for employment purposes. Required fields are
indicated with an asterisk (*).
Keywords: Virginia Community Colleges, Danville , Director of Enrollment Services, Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!