Program Manager, Principal (Concord)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Requisition ID-# 94424-Job Category : Project / Program
Management-Job Level : Manager/PrincipalBusiness Unit: Electric
Operations -Position SummaryThe Electric Program Manager manages
and/or administers a company program, a grouping of project work or
a special customer offering with an assigned/designated annual
financial budget. The incumbent provides oversight, governance,
communication, training, reporting as well as overall process and
project management for the assigned program. He / She manages the
program budget, which may include developing and presenting the
- Applies depth and breadth of knowledge of Program Management to
the most unique and complex problems. Works autonomously.
Anticipates issues and develops innovative solutions. Demonstrates
program leadership with internal & external stakeholders to support
company goals. May design and develop new, complex programs.
- Recognized subject matter expert who may represent PG&E to
external agencies on sensitive or complex issues. Partners with
Government Relations or other partner organizations in developing
messaging and strategy.
- May manage major cross-functional projects and initiatives. May
lead initiatives that impact utility or industry developments.
- Manages all aspects of programs that are cross functional,
complex, of broad scope and have a significant financial or
political impact on the line of business. Leads development of
overall strategy to achieve program goals.
- Partners with Manager/Director to determine most appropriate
and effective program performance metrics. Develops content and
format for reports and dashboards. Prepares and presents regular
updates to senior management, addressing issues and gaining buy in
- Develops both annual and long-term program work plan forecast
and budget. Regularly
- monitors costs vs. budget, presents status and prepares and
proposes solutions to address variances.
- Negotiates and sets productivity and unit cost targets.
Prepares accurate forecasts, monitors spending, and develops and
presents variance explanations. Develops business case for budget
and/or additional funding during the year. Works closely with peers
and leaders in line of business to ensure financial targets are
understood and achieved.
- Partners with Work Planning/Resource Management teams to plan
and forecast short- and long-term work to be completed as part of
the program. Monitors and ensures closure/completion of projects
and/or other program work orders. Ensures effective work scheduling
and resources will be available to meet the work plan. Develops
creative solutions to address resource issues.
- Leads peers and partner organizations to develop and implement
new and/ or improved processes, procedures, policies, controls, and
best practices to improve customer satisfaction, efficiencies,
regulatory compliance and reduce costs.
- May work with other project or program managers or peers in
other departments or regions to reschedule work, re-allocate funds
and explore creative solutions to achieve financial and
- Leads benchmarking efforts/projects in the industry to share
information, seek best practices in electric program management.
Develops recommendations for PG&E, develops proposals/business
case and presents to senior management. Gains buy in and leads
- Represents the program as a subject matter expert and
stakeholder on process improvement teams, regulatory filings, and
various stakeholder groups. Supports the GRC witness with testimony
development by ---
- providing data and request response support.
- Develops communication and training plans. Ensures target
audience is fully educated and adheres to program policies,
processes, procedures. Ensures regulatory compliance with the
- May manage the process of awarding some program work to outside
contractors. Manages RFP process. Partners with the Contract
Management department on contract terms, scope and cost, and
- May act as business owner for specialized systems or tools used
as part of the project work in the program. Works with IT and/or
tool vendor on defining user needs and implementing
- Develops or provides significant input to PG&E leadership
and/or other utilities with similar programs.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.- Master's degree
- Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent-
- Two (2) years of either construction management, project
management and/or program management experience.Desired:
- In depth knowledge of electric utility processes, regulatory
requirements, critical success factors, goals, and
- Highly skilled at leading project teams.
- Advanced financial management & budgeting skills and business
- Expertise in communication, interpersonal/collaboration
influence and negotiation and process management.
- Analytical and creative problem solving, strategic
- Broad knowledge of project management, process improvement best
practices, concepts, methods, and techniques.
- High level organizational skills and ability to
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools.
- Advanced presentation skills to effectively convey complex
issues to internal and external parties of various levels'
- May need knowledge of various enterprise resource planning
(ERP) system modules-
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Danville , Program Manager, Principal (Concord), Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!