Associate Vice President, Central Region Surgical Services
Posted on: March 14, 2023
- Responsible for the day to day flow and operations of assigned
- Facilitates nursing practice based on evidence and best
practices consistent with nursing standards.
- Effectively communicates vision, goals and initiatives to
assigned nursing units.
- Incorporates goals, vision and initiatives into unit and
- Leads the process to build a Nursing Leadership bench to assure
leadership accountability is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates continuing education and research opportunities for
employees, self and community to support growth and enhance the
contribution to the system.
- Utilizes team building concepts to effectively empower team
members by serving as a mentor, educator and coach.
- Enhances skills of team members such as decision making,
problem solving, conflict resolution, human resource management,
communication, and leadership.
- Establishes accountability for continuously improving the work
unit, department, division and system by developing performance
expectations and goals that focus on service, quality, and
- Communicates a clear description of performance expectations
and goals to employees, encouraging and supporting their
- Establishes top percentile benchmarks and directs action plans
to address out of benchmark performance in conjunction with the
Chief Nursing Officer.
- Develops and promotes service standards which foster a customer
- Measures performance against standards and assures commitment
to perform at the top quartile.
- Facilitates staff's management of patients and customer related
- Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer and medical staff
on issues of patient care, nursing and physician standards.
- Works with the Team Coordinators, Operations Managers, and Care
Management to influence and share accountability for utilization
management and cost-effective outcomes.
- Proactively reviews the unit and system for exposure and
develops education for employees that reduce liability.
- Develops and implements departmental and divisional program
- Develops capital, financial, human resource, quality, and
- Implements plans through team-based empowerment.
- Assists in the oversight of the assigned Nursing unit budget in
conjunction with the Chief Nursing Officer and financial
- Facilitates business and clinical decision-making issues
involved in materials procurement and usage.
- Monitors and maintains cost effective utilization of
- Works in conjunction with Material Management to oversee
materials resource utilization.
- Ensures that the patient safety improvement and management
program will be given high priority and will support the
- Ensures that sufficient time is available for staff
participation in patient safety activities at both the department
and organizational level.
- Ensures that staff attend all required patient safety education
programs.Work is typically performed in a clinical and office
environment. Travel may be required. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Keywords: Geisinger, Danville , Associate Vice President, Central Region Surgical Services, Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...