Director of Patient Care Services (DCPS), Hospice
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Organization:SCAH-Sutter Care at Home - BayPosition Overview:
-The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the planning,
organizing, and directing of patient care services in accordance
with current standards and regulations so that the highest degree
of quality care can be maintained at all times in alignment with
mission, goals and objectives. Management and leadership skills
needed include conflict management, negotiation, team building,
communication, budget administration and coaching/mentoring others.
Directs patient assignments, staff scheduling and patient visit
volume distributions, and assists in meeting financial targets by
effectively managing utilization, productivity, personnel and
supplies. Participates as necessary in referral intake,
informational calls, team meetings and represents clinical staff on
appropriate committees and the agency to the community.Job
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Other: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderTYPICAL EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years recent relevant experience.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Shall have sufficient background knowledge and expertise in
clinical decision-making for the patient populations assigned, to
meet the needs of the patients and to contribute to Quality
Management review and evaluation.
- Must have the clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability
to effectively plan, organize and provide coordination of patient
care and daily operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home's
strategic and operating plan, standards and regulations;
- must have exceptional interpersonal skills;
- must be able to effectively solve unique problems as they arise
or identify when to consult the hospice administrator.
- Must have organizational and management skills to handle
multiple level complex patient care issues.
- Requires the ability to be a and consistent mentor to staff and
use the disciplinary process appropriately.
- Must have knowledge of current accreditation standards,
Medicare, Medi-Cal, State and Federal regulations, demonstrated
functional knowledge of HME as used in the hospice setting, a
comprehensive knowledge of nursing practice, risk management as
applicable to hospice setting for the population served including
the special needs of the terminally ill, and patients of all
- Possesses the ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with staff members, physicians, patients and
- Flexibility and independence required to work competently and
autonomously in the absence of the hospice administrator.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation,
flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to achieve harmonious working relationships with both
internal and external customers.
- Exhibits oral and written communication skills;
- collaborative and problem solving skills;
- must possess good computer skills or willingness to achieve
necessary computer skills.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among
others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts;
- effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, and to
effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to
- Must be able to deal with a challenging work environment from
time demands and conflicting priorities.
- Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate
self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet
core competencies for position and area of specialty, as
appropriate.Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of
the Week:Monday - FridayWeekend Requirements:As
NeededBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: ExemptWeekly
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:0This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health is
an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range
is $76.57 to $122.51 / hourThe salary range for this role may vary
above or below the posted range as determined by location. This
range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Danville , Director of Patient Care Services (DCPS), Hospice, Executive , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!