Physician- Geriatric and Extended Care Service
Company: Health eCareers
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Physician- Geriatric and Extended Care Service Full Time
Physician will work in our Community Living Center (CLC),
specifically our ten-bed short stay rehab (Valor House). Average
length of stay is 14 days.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with a multidisciplinary team that includes nursing,
social work, dietetics, clinical pharmacy, physical therapist,
behavioral health and clerical support.
- Performs and records history and physical examinations.
- Evaluates, consults, develops diagnoses, and manages the
primary panel of Veterans assigned.
- Enters progress notes in computerized medical record and
completes workload documentation in a timely manner.
- Provides medical care encompassing acute and chronic medical
conditions and all appropriate preventive care for geriatric
- Orders diagnostic tests, medication, laboratory tests as
medically relevant for each Veteran.
- Prescribes medication according to approved formulary, and in
accordance with Federal and State Law.
- Sees patients via VA approved, secure video telemedicine
- Provides timely follow-up on results, including completion of
- Determines medical assessment and develops treatment plans
according to accepted protocols.
- Collaborates with an assigned mid-level provider and completes
collaborative case reviews as assigned.
- Covers for other providers while on leave.Work Schedule:Full
Time, Monday- Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer Similar jobs
- Physicians, All Other Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is
not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examinationQualifications
Applicants pending the completion of educational or
certification/licensure requirements may be referred and
tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements
by the closing date of this announcement,04/12/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.Preferred Experience:
- Board CertificationReference:VA Regulations, specifically VA
Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification
Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources
Physical Requirements:Light lifting (under 15 lbs.); light carrying
(under 15 lbs.); use of fingers, walking 4-8 hours; standing 4-8
hours; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far
vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other;
hearing (aid permitted); working closely with others; working
alone; emotional and mental stability required.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of
Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or
institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can
verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ . If
you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements,
you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your
transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For
.BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with
a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and
your family will have access to a range of benefits that are
designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more
about federal benefits. Contact Information Show Contact Details
Carle Physician Group is seeking a BE/BC Geriatrician to join our
established practice in Urbana, Illinois.)
Keywords: Health eCareers, Danville , Physician- Geriatric and Extended Care Service, Healthcare , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!