Area Manager - Maintenance
Company: Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative:-- Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available:-- No -- #LI-HR1 About the Position
: To manage unionized hourly maintenance professionals on a
crew/shift with supervision, leadership and technical guidance in
equipment repair, modification and problem solving activities to
improve equipment reliability performance. To manage the
performance of the maintenance crew involving parts' costs, labor
costs (incl. overtime), downtime costs and response times. Primary
- Provide maintenance knowledge and specialized experience to
diagnose and develop solutions to equipment breakdowns.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in the areas of mechanical
maintenance and electronic diagnostics, repair and
- Coordinate with Shift Operations Managers, Business Center
Managers, Maintenance team members and other support elements, as
required, to meet maintenance requirements while simultaneously
supporting Production Needs.
- Prioritize and allocate maintenance resources, to include
personnel, parts and dollars, to achieve the greatest maintenance
reliability while meeting production requirements.
- Provide guidance, direction, instructions and, if needed,
corrective discipline, to maintenance associates.
- Teach, develop and mentor Maintenance Skill Trades associates
to provide a greater breadth and depth of 1st echelon maintenance
- Determine maintenance competency gaps and coordinate resources
to overcome the deficiencies.
- Ensure all team member activities comply with EHS compliance
- Lead adherence of all procedures, audits, practices, and
standard work within the operation.
- Promote safety in every task.--
- Manage labor and maintenance costs to stay within budget and
labor agreement provisions. Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of relevant experience.
- One (1) year experience in production manufacturing process and
equipment. Desired Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree--in any Engineering discipline desired.
- Knowledge of Production/Maintenance team structure, operations
- Familiarization with budget/cost management.
- Demonstrated excellence in establishing/maintaining
communications and interpersonal relationships.
- Strong technical experience in at least one engineering
discipline. Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies.
It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in
46--facilities in 21--countries around the world. Its two
Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg
strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set
the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more
information about Goodyear and its products, go
Nearest Major Market: Danville
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Maintenance, Engineer, Manager, Recruiting,
Manufacturing, Engineering, Management, Human Resources
Keywords: Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH, Danville , Area Manager - Maintenance, Hospitality & Tourism , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!