Executive Sous Chef
Company: Crow Canyon Country Club
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Under the leadership of the Executive Chef and acting in his/her
absence, the Executive Sous Chef is in charge and runs the
operation being entrusted with substantive leadership and
management responsibilities, including responsibility on a daily
basis for planning meals, procurement of food supplies and kitchen
equipment, production of meals, supervising and coordinating the
work of the kitchen personnel, assuring that food preparation is
economical and complying with all ClubCorp quality standards. The
Executive Sous Chef should have a working knowledge of applicable
health, sanitation, and licensing ordinances. He/she is also
responsible for the profitable operation of the Food Preparation
Department. The relationship between the Chef and the Executive
Sous Chef is one of shared leadership and, through this
developmental assignment, the Executive Sous Chef acquires the
knowledge and problem-solving abilities to be promoted to an
Executive Chef position. Reports Directly To: Executive Chef, also
works for: FB Director, and General Manager. Other positions
reporting to this Supervisor: all kitchen personnel. Directly
Supervises: at least two regular Full-time kitchen staff,
indirectly supervises: all cooks, prep cooks, and
dishwasher/utility employees Day to Day:
- Executing the creation of menus and meal planning/production
based on forecasted Member and guest counts.
- Determining budgetary requirements and controlling the expenses
relating to food supplies, kitchen equipment and materials.
- Analyzing food and labor production reports or other records,
including menu engineering, for use in supervision and control of
- Procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, including
organization of inventories and participating in actual inventory
- Analyzing the workplace and implementing policies and ensuring
policies are carried out to provide safe workplace practices for
employees, including resolving all safe workplace practices
- Representing the Club in Member interaction including daily
table visits, soliciting Member and Guest feedback, working with
various committees, and promoting the Club within the community and
- Interviewing, selecting, and hiring of employees with
particular weight being given to the Executive Sous Chefs
suggestions and recommendations.
- Suggestions and recommendations into the training, advancement,
and promotion of employees, again with weight being given to the
Executive Sous Chefs suggestions and recommendations.
- Planning, scheduling, and adjusting hours of work and specific
responsibilities among employees.
- Handling and resolving employee complaints and issues.
- Implementing company policies and supervising to ensure others
properly implement and administer company policies, including
disciplining employees, substance abuse, firing, etc.
- Customarily and regularly directing the work of at least two or
more other full-time employee partners or their equivalent.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of individual work
area and kitchen, including equipment, counters, tools, waste
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure
delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware
of team members and the environment and participate as a member of
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they
occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally,
helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Partner with fellow Employee Partners to provide the three
steps of service (warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells)
to all guests. About you:
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years as a Sous Chef
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree
preferred. Culinary School graduate preferred.
- Health Sanitation Card per state requirements
- Foodservice management certification as per state
Keywords: Crow Canyon Country Club, Danville , Executive Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!