Senior Human Resources Generalist
Company: The Reutlinger Community
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title: Human Resources ManagerReports To: Executive
DirectorWorkers Supervised: Human Resources
Summary/ObjectiveThe Human Resource Manager is directly responsible
for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the
human resource function at The Reutlinger Community under the
oversight of the Eskaton Human Resources Director.
- Works with Local Union to ensure compliance with the Collective
Bargaining Agreement for bargaining unit positions.
- Participate in meetings with the union and contract
negotiations as required.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation as well as provide benefits
overview to all newly eligible employees.
- Conduct New Supervisor Orientation.
- Coordinates and facilitates annual open enrollment including
informational meetings and assisting employees with
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll processing in coordination with
department managers to confirm employee time records are
- Conduct investigations; may mediate issues with employees,
management and the union.
- In conjunction with Eskaton Human Resources, reviews and makes
recommendations for improvement of the organization's policies,
procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment
legislation and confirms organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with
federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies
and procedures to employees and management.
- Assists department management in the employee annual review
preparation and administration of the organization's wage and
- Manage the Leave of Absence function for The Reutlinger
- Manage the Workers Compensation Program.
- Respond to EDD and State Disability Claims.
- Coordinate Employee All Staff Meetings and Correspondence.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons
- Consults with Eskaton Human Resources and or in-house legal
counsel as appropriate on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in
carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for
- Maintains records in the human resource information system
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
- Communicate with vendors regarding new hires, terminations,
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks
- Recruit needed employees for all departments.
- Complete onboarding process for new hires.
Required Education and ExperienceBachelor's degree and 4 years
related experience or training, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Preferred Education and ExperienceSHRM Certified Professional
(SHRM-CP)/ PHR Certification credential.Bilingual Spanish preferred
but not required.
Additional Eligibility QualificationsMaintain SHRM-CP/PHR
certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 12
months of hire.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office
environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as laptop computers and smartphones.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and
taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to
20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position.
Schedule is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.mm
however hours and days may vary as required. This position may
require occasion weekend work.
Keywords: The Reutlinger Community, Danville , Senior Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!