Chief Pilot Aviation Operations
Posted on: February 20, 2021
A place that gives you opportunity and takes your breath away.
Job Title Chief Pilot Aviation Operations Location Danville,
Pennsylvania Job Category Transportation Schedule Days Work Type
Full time Date posted 12/17/2020 Job ID R-07400 Job SummaryEnsures
that flight activity is within compliance of all Federal Aviation
Administration Regulations. Maintains aviation personnel's FAA
required records. Schedules and assures that all aviation personnel
maintain currency and proficiency in aircraft.Job Duties
- What are the expected standard daily hours for this
- Is travel required?- More than 50%
- Additional travel details-Possible cross state
- What are the preferred quali---cations for this position?-3
years part 135 experience
- Additional working conditions: ex, On-call? Weekends?
Holidays?-On-Call 2 week rotations
- Weekends and Holidays Off
- Supervises the aviation personnel training activities.
- Conducts or supervises all training activities of aviation
- Performs check rides with pilots and training as required.
- Assists in the development of aviation operational policy.
- Ensures that all aircraft are properly equipped for applicable
- Disseminates information to all aviation crewmembers pertaining
to routes, airports, NOTAMS, NAVAIDS, program policies and
- Maintains proficiency as Pilot-in-Command and proficiency in
- Assists in preparing and maintaining proficiency records, pilot
files, flight schedules, duty logs, and any other correspondence
pertaining to flight operations activities.
- Submits all reports regarding aviation personnel to the
Director of Operations as required.
- Maintains the aircraft copies of Operations Manual to assure
that they are current at all base sites.
- Ensures that all aviation personnel are licensed, certified and
supervised according to the requirements specified in the Federal
Aviation Regulation manual.
- Maintains current aircraft checklists.
- Maintains safety culture and puts safety as the top priority
for aviation operations.
- The Chief Pilot may delegate functions to other personnel, but
retains full responsibility and accountability.
- Assists in interviewing aviation personnel.
- Assists in scheduling aviation personnel, including assigning
- Serves as the Director of Training, as described in the
Aviation Training Manual.
- Coordinates and conducts the orientation of new pilot
- Line Pilot coverage duties to cover illness and vacations as
Works in a patient care environment in and around aircraft and is
exposed to possible infectious diseases and chemical toxins.
Position may require sitting for long periods of time in a
helicopter or in an office environment. Ability to lift a minimum
of 50 pounds. Exposed to non-conventional motion, noise, vibration,
jet fumes, and extreme temperatures. Working conditions in or near
aircraft and/or an aircraft hangar environment on a daily basis and
may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust
particles, and mechanical and electrical hazards. Travel may be
required. Employee may not exceed 275lbs in weight in flight gear.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.EducationHigh School Diploma or
Equivalent (GED)- (Required) ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Managing
people, processes, or projects (Required), Minimum of 1
year-Managerial/Supervisory (Required) Certification(s) and
License(s)Certified Airline Transport Pilot - Default Issuing Body;
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart
Association (AHA); Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification -
American Heart Association (AHA); Valid Driver's License - Default
Issuing Body; Helicopter Instrument Training License (IFR) -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Flight Instructor - Default Issuing
Body Our Purpose & ValuesEverything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities.KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves.EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence.LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow.INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care
for our patients, our members, our community, and the
nation.SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and
members and the Geisinger family.We offer healthcare benefits for
full time and part time positions from day one, including vision,
dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from
senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of
collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.We are an Affirmative
Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are
Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. About
Geisinger Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for
the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100
years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine
hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research
centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With
nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians,
Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions
of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us
on Facebook , Instagram , LinkedIn and Twitter . Use your LinkedIn
profile to find the right jobs matched for you. "I've been
surprised by the community our floor has even though we can all
work different days and different shifts. We celebrate successes
and life events for employees and patients - that's what makes it a
fun place to work!"Jillian Schaeffer Nurse Assistant Best employer
for healthy lifestyles - National Business Group A place where you
can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams. Access to 121
state parks Only at Geisinger. Sign up for job alerts Sign up below
to receive new job opportunities that match your preferences. First
name Last name Email address Interested In Select locations and/or
categories of interest below and click "Add". Job Category
Preferred work location
- Transportation, Danville, Pennsylvania, United States Remove
Upload resume By uploading your resume, you are not submitting an
application for employment. Geisinger Health Plan may refer
collectively to Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Quality Options
Inc., and Geisinger Indemnity Insurance Company, unless otherwise
noted. Geisinger Gold Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and HMO SNP
plans are offered by Geisinger Health Plan/Geisinger Indemnity
Insurance Company, health plans with a Medicare contract. Continued
enrollment in Geisinger Gold depends on annual contract
Keywords: Geisinger, Danville , Chief Pilot Aviation Operations, Other , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!