Online Admissions Specialist
Company: Averett University
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Posted on December 9th, 2022 by Travis Dix This position
requires stellar customer service to students and families, and
represents Averett's mission, vision, and values to prospective
families. Every interaction plays a key role in student enrollment
and retention. Reporting to the Enrollment Operations Manager, the
Online Admissions Specialist supports the Office of Enrollment and
Admissions in its efforts to recruit students to the Averett
University community. This position requires strong communication
skills with phone calls, prospective students, emails etc. as well
as computer proficiency with data entry, filing and distribution.
This position functions as a support role for the Office of
Enrollment for the University.The Admissions Specialist
demonstrates competence and effectiveness in:
- Organizational skills to perform routine tasks
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite
- Show an affinity in learning new software such as Adobe
Products, Canvas, Zoom, PC Self-Service, Target X/Salesforce and
other campus software
- Proficient with data entry/data management
- Frequent use of office equipment primarily computer,
telephones, printer, copier, and scanner.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and
- Commitment to completing tasks on time, ability to critical
think, prioritize tasks, and work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to
communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty
- Must be flexible to the changing needs of students, admissions,
and the university.
- Ability to work under time pressure, work on multiple tasks
simultaneously, perform tedious and exacting work, work in a noisy
or distracting environment, and maintain accuracy above all
- Driven by curiosityPrimary Responsibilities
- Primary contact for incoming phone calls for the Averett Online
- Responds to emails in a timely and professional manner
- Responsible for managing the daily influx of transcripts and
entry into appropriate software systems
- Scans and enters data/documentation in the database and
distributes it to the correct recipientSecondary functions
- Supports the Vice President for Enrollment and Enrollment
Operations Manager as needed
- Completes any administrative work that is needed at various
times during the admissions cycle - including but not limited to
acceptance letters and other mailings
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a highly
- Exceptional customer service orientation, with ability to build
and develop collaborative relationships
- Expert with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and
data entry/database management
- Adobe Suite knowledge a plus
- Previous experience working in an administrative assistant
setting preferred, but not required.
- Strong keyboarding skills a mustADA/Travel related:
- Must be able to perform the following with or without
- Position requires you to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and
arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity and have appropriate
vision and hearing capabilities, or be able to perform these
actions with reasonable accommodations provided
- The employee may occasionally be required to move items
weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Position requires some irregular work hours including nights
- Some travel may be required within Danville area, within
Virginia, within region, nationally, internationally, depending on
university needsSubmit Letter of Interest, Current
Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and 3 Professional References to:
Selection Committee, c/o Chery Dalton, Enrollment Operations
Manager, Averett University.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease note:
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the
- Averett University's policies, programs and activities,
including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and
regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual
orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status.
Inquiries related to the University's compliance with Title IX
should be directed to Averett's Title IX Coordinator, Amanda
Estabrook, at email@example.com . Additional contact information,
reporting options, and the University's Title IX Sexual Harassment
Policy can be found at https://www.averett.edu/about-us/title-ix/ .
Inquiries may be made externally to the Department of Education's
Office for Civil Rights: https://www.ed.gov/ocr .
- Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an
Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other
national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Averett University, Danville , Online Admissions Specialist, Other , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!