Posted on: March 10, 2023
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion
people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We
need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future
of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began
transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the
forefront. In 2022, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents,
and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology
continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering
elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched
nutrition to you. Here's how we're growing the best plants possible
for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious,
high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that's better
for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming
food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse
company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and
curiosity As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive
growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in
disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming,
artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve,
and tackle global issues. Job Description and Responsibilities: In
this role, you will report directly to the Maintenance and
Reliability Manager. As the Facilities Lead, you handle:
- Grounds-keeping- Including but not limited to landscaping,
- General upkeep of the property.Performs general cleaning and
janitorial duties in the common areas of the building.
- Performminor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light
fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Assistin cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and cafeteria.
- Performlimited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming
lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
- Ensureheating and cooling systems are operational.
- Maintaina neat and orderly janitors room; ensures cleaning and
maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Internal Facility Work- trash removal, sanitation common
- Cover facility sanitation when that person is unavailable.
- Assist maintenance crew when needed.
- Other duties as assigned. You Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic
- General work experience will be considered in place of
manufacturing experience. AeroFarms training provided.
- Be able to work in a cold environment (
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up 75lbs Personal Attributes
- Collaboration -we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an
individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen.
Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication- we are a small company (in relative terms - -
200 + employees), we work well together because we communicate well
with each other.You must demonstrate why our mission is important
to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the
mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility- What we do has never been done before: we are an
innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we
constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we
are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability- we don't micromanage, we hire individuals who
know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and
take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect -We are already starting our journey scaling around the
world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out
on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different
ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each
other, but respect is key
- Empowerment -we provide an environment for growth and
development: we need your help to develop our business, we will
help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our
growth plans!! What's your citizenship / employment eligibility?*
Are you 18 years of age or older?* LinkedIn Profile URL: What
languages do you speak fluently? Desired salary* In 150 characters
or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say
something that will catch our eye!* 150 The following questions are
entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment
Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are
requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data.
This information will not be used in connection with any employment
decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and
federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn
more . Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S.
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service
who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of
military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws
administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty
because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the
three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge
or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a
veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground,
naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition
for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws
administered by the Department of Defense.
- An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who,
while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or
air service, participated in a United States military operation for
which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to
Executive Order 12985. I IDENTIFY AS ONE OR MORE OF THE
CLASSIFICATIONS OF PROTECTED VETERAN LISTED ABOVE
I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 5/31/2023 Why are you being asked to complete this form? We
are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to
provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with
disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward
having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with
disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if
they have a disability or have ever had a disability.Because a
person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees
to update their information at least every five years.Identifying
yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we
hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained
confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone
else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form
will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether
you have self-identified in the past.For more information about
this form or the equal employment obligations of federal
contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the
U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance
Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp . How do you know if
you have a disability? You are considered to have a disability if
you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that
substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a
history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia,
rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, or
irritable bowel syndrome
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches,
Parkinson's disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder,
schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression Please check one of the
boxes below: YES, I HAVE A DISABILITY, OR HAVE A HISTORY/RECORD OF
HAVING A DISABILITY NO, I DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY, OR A
HISTORY/RECORD OF HAVING A DISABILITY I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER PUBLIC
BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995
no persons are required to respond to a collection of information
unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This
survey should take about 5 minutes to complete. I consent to be
contacted over SMS/Text for this job.
Keywords: AeroFarms, Danville , Facilities Lead, Other , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...