Supervisor of Warehouse Facility
Company: Schwan's Home Delivery
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Reporting to the Area Manager, this position manages the
Warehouse Mail Order facility, the mail order material handlers,
and provides leadership, oversight, and execution of efficient
product loading, receipt of product, inventory, depot maintenance,
and safety throughout the assigned facility. This position will
also be responsible for training and administrative
functions.COMPENSATION --$55k-$70kDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing a single mail order facility,
including the day to day supervision of warehouse staff of Material
Handlers. This includes proper product handling and safety,
warehouse maintenance and employee safety.
- Responsible for people management, recruitment, development and
on-boarding for warehouse staff including a disciplined approach to
recruiting, training, coaching, performance management and
- Schedules material handlers' hours based on the volume of
activity to meet company standards and ensure customer
- Execute and enforce safety standards within the depot. Drive
accountability for safe behaviors by coaching-team members.
- Identify and remove risks to create and maintain a safe work
- Maintain facility and records to ensure compliance with company
standards and all federal, state and local regulatory agencies
including employment related postings.
- Perform administrative functions such as assigned by Mail Order
Lead, Zone Operations Manager and depot leadership, and manages
warehouse shifts, time management, and payroll approvals.
- Ensure Material Handlers are following the Logistics Method of
- Manage costs associated with building maintenance, shipping and
reship costs, and inventory controls.- Coordinates the receiving of
product with Demand Replenishment Planning (DRP) and Dispatch.
Ensures product safety while product is stored and in material
- Partner with Area Manager, Zone Operations Manager, and Mail
Order Lead to meet overall location service and sales goals to
reinforce key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for
- Supports neighboring Mail Order facilities with employee
training and general support as needed.- Some overnight travel may
- Ensure compliance with company standards and all DOT, Federal,
State and local regulations including with respect to employment
- Execute the Company's Good Warehouse Practices and follow any
government regulations concerning EPA, OSHA, food safety and other
safety- related regulations as specified in the Company's
- Provide coverage and support for material handler vacations and
in the absence of a material handler.
- Conduct himself or herself and ensure subordinates conduct
themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values,
code of ethics, policies, and other standards of
- -Education: Associate degree or equivalent
- Years of Related Experience: Typically 3-5 years of
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective interpersonal and
- General knowledge of Quality Assurance, Inventory Record
Accuracy, Inventory Control Procedures, Food Safety Requirements,
Warehousing and distribution.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Proven track record driving & executing best in class
- Strong organizational skills
- Good working maintenance knowledge of forklifts, pallet jacks,
and other equipment in order to detect maintenance problems.
- Good working knowledge of truck loading operation, yard
operations, and reefer unit type trailers.
- Computer literate, able to learn distribution/transportation
software systems, have in-depth knowledge of Systems Applications
Products (SAP) and have a working knowledge of word
- Able and willing to travel.
- Assist IS with report changes, SAP authorizations and system
- Assist production in clearing Storage locations.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Lead or Supervisor experience.
- Warehouse experience.
- Willing to obtain forklift license within the probationary
- Good work record.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to have overnight travel.
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including
appropriate driver's license and medical certification.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects within
financial and timeline constraints
- Proven ability to drive outcomes and deliver results
- Excellent Driving Record.
- Effective Budget Management--Schwan's Home Service is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to disability,
age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or
other protected class.
Keywords: Schwan's Home Delivery, Danville , Supervisor of Warehouse Facility, Professions , Danville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!